Facts and Tips About Foods That are Toxic for Dogs
You probably want to share all the good things like delicious food to your dog, but hold-off spoiling your furry friends because there are human foods that may actually be toxic to your dog. While all want our dogs to be healthy and strong, there are foods that are considered unhealthy for your dogs and we should be all aware of it. There is nothing worse than having your pet suffer over a simple and single mistake in his diet. The top twelve human foods that your dog should avoid eating are chocolate, milk, cheese, onion, macadamia nuts, garlic, grapes, avocados, apple cores, yeast dough, caffeine, and bacon.
Chocolate must be strictly avoided by dogs because its content including caffeine and theobromine belong to the methylxanthines category which is harmful to your dogs, and the darker the chocolate is, the higher is its toxicity level as compared to white chocolate. The ill effects that chocolates can cause to your dog include diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, severe agitation, muscle tremors, irregular heart rhythm, elevated body temperature, seizures, and death. Bacon and fatty foods are absolutely tragic for our dogs because they can cause pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas, and foods with high-salt content may cause stomach upset and bloating. High-salt content in your dog’s diet may cause signs and symptoms of sodium ion poisoning including frequent urination, excessive thirst, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and high body temperature. Garlic and onion combo in small doses are not harmful, but large doses may cause poisoning leading to destruction of red blood cells causing anemia, with signs and symptoms of breathlessness, vomiting, weakness, and lost interest in food, and a blood transfusion might be necessary. Consumption of milk leads to diarrhea, vomiting, and other gastrointestinal problems, and serious bacterial exposure may lead to disease. It is crucial to cooking eggs and meat properly in order to kill bacteria, salmonella, and hidden parasites.
Sweet foods including gum, candy, butter, and baked foods have the ingredient xylitol that may seriously lower the blood sugar levels of your dog, causing lethargy, loss of coordination, vomiting, seizures, and death. If a dog consumes too many grapes and raisins, they develop dehydration, vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite causing rapid kidney failure within three to four days. If you have an avocado plant at home, make sure that your dog can’t get anywhere near it because it contains persin in their fruit, seeds, leaves, and bark which is considered toxic for dogs, so be sure to keep your guacamole to your own fiesta and prepare a different meal for your furry friend. It is not good to give apples, peaches, plums, peaches, and apricots to your dogs as it cause dizziness, difficulty of breathing, hyperventilation, collapsing, seizures, shock, and coma.