Baby Boomer Business – 5 Tips That Will Contribute to Your Success With Social Media Marketing
So many people are jumping on the Social Media Marketing band wagon these days, believing that it will be quick and easy. The easy part may be true, provide you are willing to do what it takes, however the quick may not be so true.
Creating a social media presence that is engaging and valuable to others is the key to your success. However with an effective plan that is thoroughly thought out and given adequate time the opportunities are great.
In the beginning, before you really get started you need to think about what you want social media marketing to do for your business. Knowing this is important because from that you will more easily be able to decide which platforms will give the best return on your investment of time, money and effort. Decide what you want to achieve and then seek out the tools that will do that for you.
Whether you decide to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube or any combination here are five tips that will contribute to your success…
• Provide quality content that is valuable to your reader
• Tweet about interesting and relevant topics, they do not have to be your own
• Your Facebook fan page must be interesting and provide valuable information so that people will want to come back for more
• Great ideas go viral when the content is engaging and valuable, people will want to interact with you
• You must make it easy for people to comment, suggest topics and interact in order to have them assist you with generating great content
Your education and training play an extremely important role in social media marketing. Remember it is always easier when someone shows you how. Learn from different reliable sources, people you know, like and trust.
Many people believe that you can just post anything to your blog, wall or page and people will come in droves. The old belief of “build it and they will come”, is not true. The internet today is filled with millions and millions of website all vying for the surfers’ attention. You will need to put in time and effort to get the engagement going, knowing what you are doing and why you are doing it in advance will give you a real fighting chance.
Remember your content and how you manage and grow it is what is important, having a well thought out strategy will make a big difference.