How to Build a Successful Network Marketing Business – Step 2
Step 2 – Set your goals and build a successful network marketing business. The purpose of a goal is to take you from where you are to where you want to be. Goals are our destinations that we set before we set out on our journey. It’s very important to know what you are working toward so you keep your energies focused in the right direction and you stay on track.
Goals must be realistic ones, I recommend that you set your first goals no more than one year ahead. One of the most common mistakes made by entrepreneurs in their network marketing business is being impatient, so take the time to identify your goals and have the discipline to clarify them.
Follow these six actions to set your goals for the next twelve months:
1. Have a specific deadline to achieve each goal. For example: ‘by December 30 this year I will be earning $5000 per month’
2. Prioritize each goal from 1 to 5 by asking yourself, ‘how important is this goal to realizing my dream’
3. Reconsider any goal that is below 3 by asking yourself, ‘is this what I really want?’
4. Don’t include an escape route, for example: ‘I’ll give it a shot for a month…’, or a condition for example: ‘If I didn’t have to work such long hours…’or rely on anyone, for example: ‘if my husband would take over the cooking…’.
5. Be specific, the less confusing, ambiguous, or open ended your goal is, the better. Ask yourself these 2 questions: ‘what is going to change?’ and ‘when will the change take place?’
6. Ask yourself, ‘can I achieve each of my goals in the time I have set?’ If you have set too many, you probably won’t achieve any, for example, if you are overweight and unfit and your goal is to run a 50km marathon in 90 days and your other goal is to earn $5000 per month in your network marketing business in 6 months you will have set yourself up to fail. For example, dedicate yourself to the business goal first and amend the other goal to perhaps changing your eating habits and exercising 3 times a week working up to 5 times per week in 90 days.
It is better to set modest goals and achieve them, success is a fantastic motivator.
This was the key to building my successful network marketing business.